UPDATE – The recent surge in coronavirus cases and national lockdown casts doubt on the possibility of running the event on our revised date of Sunday 7th March. We will continue to be optimistic, assess the situation one month before the event and, if necessary, cancel the event at then.
This year’s event has been upgraded to category A status. It will still be the same welcoming, inclusive event – just more! Riders will also receive double national ranking points (compared with a category B event).
Expect the same type of course, with a couple of exciting extras. It’s the perfect event to aim at before a well-earned rest over Christmas. Or, a great opportunity to fine-tune your form before the Kerstperiode!
We had an incredible event in 2019 with…
- An awesome, challenging but accessible course for ALL ages and abilities, combining a sports centre, park and BMX track!
- Trade stands to pick up your last-minute Christmas gifts, including The Marlborough Bike Company, cyclocrossracer.co.uk, and New Champ Socks
- Mulled wine, Belgian beer, coffee, chips, paninis, etc.
- £1,000+ prize list, including random spot prizes
- Free race photos
- Nice showers, changing rooms, toilets
- BMX taster sessions too! (bikes and helmets provided)
Charlton Sports and Leisure Centre, Andover SP10 3LF
New to cyclocross?
Here’s an excerpt from The Cyclocross Bible to let you know what to expect:
|Race time||Category||Sign-on open|
|9:30||Under 8 & 10||8:30-9:15|
|11:20||Veteran 40-49 Men & Junior Men||9:30-11:05|
|12:20||Senior, Veteran & Junior Women||10:30-12:05|
|13:45||Veteran 50+ Men||12:00-13:30|
A classic cyclocross blend of road, flat grass, steep banks, tracks, plus a bit of BMX track! The course has been designed to be appropriate for all abilities while still offering a challenge for everyone.
There is ample parking on asphalt/hardstanding. Cars only in the upper car park.