We are extremely excited that we are now on the UCI calendar for 2022! The event will run over the whole weekend of 19th/20th November 2022. On Saturday there will be four UCI Class 2 international races. On Sunday we will run the ‘usual’ Wessex League events. We have an international standard course that is still accessible to league riders. The course will be very similar to previous years (please see videos below), with the addition of a couple of bridges and an enlarged pit area.
We’re working hard to make this event happen and will release more details as they become available. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to help out with the event.
Our event is on the same weekend as the Torbay round of the National Trophy series. There will be no event clash though; if you race in Andover on Saturday (Junior or Elite categories) you can race the Trophy on Sunday. If you race the Trophy on Saturday (Veteran and U18 categories) you can enter the Wessex League event in Andover on Sunday. It is approximately 2.5 hours drive between venues.
Charlton Sports and Leisure Centre, Andover SP10 3LF
|Race time||Category||Sign-on open|
|9:30||Under 8 & 10||8:30-9:15|
|11:20||Veteran 40-49 Men & Junior Men||9:30-11:05|
|12:30||Senior, Veteran & Junior Women||10:30-12:05|
|13:45||Veteran 50+ Men||12:00-13:30|
We had an incredible event in 2019 with…
- An awesome, challenging but accessible course for ALL ages and abilities, combining a sports centre, park and BMX track!
- Trade stands to pick up your last-minute Christmas gifts, including The Marlborough Bike Company, cyclocrossracer.co.uk, and New Champ Socks
- Mulled wine, Belgian beer, coffee, chips, paninis, etc.
- £1,000+ prize list, including random spot prizes
- Free race photos
- Nice showers, changing rooms, toilets
- BMX taster sessions too! (bikes and helmets provided)
New to cyclocross?
Here’s an excerpt from The Cyclocross Bible to let you know what to expect:
A classic cyclocross blend of road, flat grass, steep banks, tracks, plus a bit of BMX track! The course has been designed to be appropriate for all abilities while still offering a challenge for everyone.
There is ample parking on asphalt/hardstanding. Cars only in the upper car park.