The Cyclocross Bible is a complete guide to all aspects of cyclocross, from selecting a child’s first bike, through to training, technique, bike maintenance, and international racing.
Colour Softbound (free shipping*)
Save 25% (usual price 26.50)
* First class shipping to the UK, economy shipping to Australia, Canada, Europe (with printing locations in the UK, US, and Australia, we can ship to most other regions at no extra cost – please use the contact form below to confirm before ordering, for orders in the U.S., please click here)
£1 from every copy, plus photographer royalties, goes to Ride for Charlie.
Included in this comprehensive guide…
- 252 pages, illustrated with over 150 colour images.
- Starting out Buying a bike and tackling your first race
- Technique All the key elements of cyclocross examined and explained: cornering, obstacles, run-ups, mud, sand, and much more.
- Equipment What to look for in a cyclocross bike and where to focus your spending, tyre types, treads and pressures, maintenance, and pit crew best-practice.
- Fitness Developing training strategies to improve your physical and mental fitness, and injury prevention, plus working with power data and analytics.
- Racing How to examine and interpret courses and conditions, choose equipment, select racing lines, and so develop winning strategies. Detailed guidance on a successful trip to race in the home of cyclocross, plus the cyclocross racer’s bucket-list.
Ian Field (5 times UK Cyclocross Champion)
Chapters (& links to online resources)
- What, why, how?
- Taking care of yourself
- Five races to enter before you die
Here’s a small sample of the 252 pages
About the authors
Alex Forrester has been racing cyclocross for 25 years, competing at all levels. As an Associate Professor in Computational Engineering at the University of Southampton, UK, with a Ph.D. in optimization, he has worked with Olympic and World Champions across a number of sports. This is reflected in his meticulous attention to the equipment, technique and performance aspects of cyclocross.
Mark Adams has coached cycling for over 25 years, he has worked for Welsh Cycling and British Cycling for 23 years, both in World Class and Development, including the development of the Talent Team programme. He has coached for the Hargroves Race Team for 10 years.
Renée Lamb is a full-time Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage Therapist, having gained her Level 5 Professional Diploma with the renowned London School of Sports Massage in 2013. Based in Southampton, UK, she mainly works out of her clinic and occasionally works at events.
Errata Inevitably a few errors will have made it through our lengthy editing and proof-reading process. Any we find will be listed here.