The Cyclocross Bible is a complete guide to all aspects of cyclocross, from selecting a child’s first bike, through to training, technique, bike maintenance, and international racing.
“All bases covered – a monster read for the cyclocross fan, newbie or seasoned expert. Inspiring and thorough. 10/10” (UKcyclocross.co.uk review)
The Cyclocross Bible
(softcover) 18% discount (RRP £24.50) + free UK shipping (1st class Royal Mail)
£1 from every copy, plus photographer royalties, goes to Ride for Charlie.
Included in this comprehensive guide…
- 252 pages, illustrated with over 150 colour images.
- Starting out Buying a bike and tackling your first race
- Technique All the key elements of cyclocross examined and explained: cornering, obstacles, run-ups, mud, sand, and much more.
- Equipment What to look for in a cyclocross bike and where to focus your spending, tyre types, treads and pressures, maintenance, and pit crew best-practice.
- Fitness Developing training strategies to improve your physical and mental fitness, and injury prevention, plus working with power data and analytics.
- Racing How to examine and interpret courses and conditions, choose equipment, select racing lines, and so develop winning strategies. Detailed guidance on a successful trip to race in the home of cyclocross, plus the cyclocross racer’s bucket-list.
“This is a fantastic book! As a relatively new person to the sport, I am finding this the most informative book out there by a long way. You obviously love the sport which comes through clearly in the book. Thanks for putting this excellent resource together.”
“If you’ve an interest in Cyclocross this book certainly lives up to its title. The form, attention to detail and depth make it very easy to recommend. I love it!”
“Cyclocross is an exciting, fast-growing area of cycle racing that takes years to master. If you want to speed up that process of becoming a complete bike rider The Cyclocross Bible is for you. The book covers every key area of the sport of cyclocross – whether you are a newcomer or experienced racer this is the complete guide. It covers all the basics while even giving an insight into racing at the highest level of the sport abroad. Whether you’re looking for which tyre tread to run or for tips and tricks regarding training, this is the book for you.”
Ian Field (5 times UK Cyclocross Champion)
Chapters (& links to online resources)
- What, why, how?
- Taking care of yourself
- Five races to enter before you die
Here’s a small sample of the 252 pages
About the authors
Alex Forrester has been racing cyclocross for 25 years, competing at all levels. As an Associate Professor in Computational Engineering at the University of Southampton, UK, with a Ph.D. in optimization, he has worked with Olympic and World Champions across a number of sports. This is reflected in his meticulous attention to the equipment, technique and performance aspects of cyclocross.
Mark Adams has coached cycling for over 25 years, he has worked for Welsh Cycling and British Cycling for 23 years, both in World Class and Development, including the development of the Talent Team programme. He has coached for the Hargroves Race Team for 10 years.
Renée Lamb is a full-time Clinical Sport and Remedial Massage Therapist, having gained her Level 5 Professional Diploma with the renowned London School of Sports Massage in 2013. Based in Southampton, UK, she mainly works out of her clinic and occasionally works at events.